Our Chair, Lord Malcolm Bruce, former Chair of the Parliamentary Select Committee on International Development, discusses the role Water Unite has in Build Back Better in a Post-Covid world.
Key Take Outs:
- Successful businesses are adaptable
- Tackling the climate & rebuilding things sustainably will both help the planet & speed recovery and poverty reduction
- Sliding back into how things were before will be a mistake - Water Unite helps explore how cooperatively how we can rebuild post-COVID
- Water & sanitation is more important than ever in the context of COVID
- The world needs other ways of expanding how we transfer wealth from richer to poorer countries when governments are having to cut spending on international aid.
- Water Unite allows retailers to be part of the regeneration and poverty reduction in poorer countries.